Self-Seal® GG-266 is ideally suited for “caulk & walk” type applications, particularly where firestop collar systems cannot be accommodated. For up to 2 inch (51 mm) trade size diameter solid or cellular core Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), solid or cellular core Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS), Flame Retardant Polypropylene (FRPP) and Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride (CPVC) pipe penetrations only a minimum 5/16 inch (8 mm) annular space, i.e., a maximum 3 inch (76 mm) cored opening, is needed. Solid core PVC vented and CPVC sprinkler pipe penetrations firestopped with Self-Seal® GG-266 meet the Canadian building code test requirement for a pressure differential of 50 Pa between the exposed and unexposed sides of concrete, drywall and wood floor-ceiling fire-rated assemblies.
Self-Seal® GG-266 can be used to firestop up to 4 inch (102 mm) PVC, XFR 15-50 PVC, ABS and CPVC pipe penetrations through conical shaped or cored openings in concrete floor slabs avoiding the necessity for firestop collar systems. Self-Seal® GG-266 is also suitable for AB / PVC flexible foam insulated copper pipe, PEX process and supply tubing penetrations, and metallic and insulated pipe penetrations.
The cured silicone rubber composition exhibits excellent performance stability and provides a pressure tight seal resistant to water, smoke and toxic gases, see Self-Seal® UL and cUL firestop systems for W (Water tightness) and L (Air Leakage) Ratings. Self-Seal® GG-266 is also in compliance with the 3rd edition of ANSI / UL1479 “Fire Tests of Through-Penetration Firestops”, for the following environmental exposure tests: Accelerated Aging; High Humidity; Industrial Atmosphere (SO2 and CO2 ) and Combination Wet, Freeze and Dry Cycling.
- 100% Intumescent Silicone.
- “Caulk & Walk” system.
- Protects your wall & floor openings.
- Water resistant before, during, and after curing.
- Expands to close penetrations & stop transfer.
- Tested at positive pressure to simulate the pressure differentials that can occur in a fire situation.
- Ideal “caulk & walk” type applications, particularly where Firestop collar systems cannot be accommodated.
- Perfect for up to two inch (51 mm) trade size diameter Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) and Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride (CPVC) pipe penetrations only a minimum 5/16 inch (8 mm) annular space.
- Drain, waste and vent PVC and CPVC piping. GG-266 meets the Canadian building code test requirement for a pressure differential of 50 Pa between the exposed and unexposed sides of concrete fire separations.
- Moisture, heat and vibration resistant.
- Will not run when exposed to rain or water.
- Will not crack over time.
- Remains flexible.
- Withstands extreme temperatures.
AVAILABLE COLOURS & SIZES:
- 300mL (10.1 fl.oz.) cartridge.
- 591.4mL (20.0 fl.oz) sausages.
- 17L (4.5 gallon) pail.
- 12 cartridges per case.
- 12 sausages per case.
- 144 cases per skid
- 90 cases per skid
- 32 pails per skid (17 L).
- Available colors include: Red.
- See Technical Documents under Resources.
“FBC™ System Compatible indicates that this product has been tested, and is monitored on an ongoing basis, to assure its chemical compatibility with FlowGuard Gold®, BlazeMaster® and Corzan® pipe and fittings. FBC™, FlowGuard Gold®, BlazeMaster® and Corzan® are licensed trademarks of The
Lubrizol Corporation or its affiliates.”