Self-Seal® SSR can be used to firestop 3” (76 mm) and 4” (102 mm) solid core Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) vented and Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride (CPVC) sprinkler pipe penetrations through metal deck floor assemblies avoiding the necessity for a metal plate enclosure and firestop collar. PVC vented and CPVC piping firestopped with Self-Seal® SSR meets the Canadian building code test requirement for a pressure differential of 50 Pa between the exposed and unexposed sides of the metal deck fire-rated assembly.
Self-Seal® SSR is also in compliance with the 3rd edition of ANSI / UL1479 “Fire Tests of Through-Penetration Firestops”, for the following environmental exposure tests: Accelerated Aging; High Humidity; Industrial Atmosphere (SO2 and CO2) and Combination Wet, Freeze and Dry Cycling.
- 100% Intumescent Silicone.
- Protects your wall & floor openings.
- Expands to close penetrations.
- Tested at positive pressure to simulate the pressure differentials that can occur in a fire situation.
- Ideal for wall and floor fire separations where a metal collar is not required.
- Perfect for up to two inch (51 mm) trade size diameter Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) and Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride (CPVC) pipe penetrations only a minimum 5/16 inch (8 mm) annular space.
- Drain, waste and vent PVC and CPVC piping. GG-266 meets the Canadian building code test requirement for a pressure differential of 50 Pa between the exposed and unexposed sides of concrete fire separations.
- Suitable for AB/PVC flexible foam insulated copper pipe, PEX process and supply tubing penetrations, metallic pipe and electrical cable penetrations.
- Moisture, heat and vibration resistant.
- Will not crack over time.
- Withstands extreme temperatures.
- Can be installed in low profile applications.
AVAILABLE COLOURS & SIZES:
- Pre-fabricated rings to fit trade pipes sizes of:
- 3″ (76mm)
- 4″ (102 mm)
- See Technical Documents under Resources.